Featuring crispy brown rice, hearty vegetables, and umami seasoning, this fried rice is the perfect warm and comforting meal to enjoy. This recipe is vegan, nutrient-rich, and simple to make!
This fried rice is flavor-packed and aromatic, without the use of any meat, seafood, or eggs. This recipe is made from wholesome, vegan, and nutritious ingredients. Each ingredient in this recipe contributes to the variety of textures, flavors, and colors!
- Brown Rice: has a chewy texture and crisps up while cooking
- Garlic: adds aromatics, flavor, and spice
- Green Onions: adds color and freshness
- Frozen Peas, Carrots, and Edamame: adds vibrancy, color, and different textures to fried rice
If you don’t have all of the ingredients on hand, feel free to substitute them. I have listed a few substitutions that can be measured and used exactly the same as the original ingredients.
- Soy Sauce: coconut aminos or tamari
- Frozen Peas, Carrots, and Edamame: frozen vegetables or mixed vegetables
- Sesame Oil: any other type of oil (vegetable, canola, avocado, peanut, etc.)
- Brown Rice: white rice