Tart lemon juice and sweet blueberries come together in this recipe to create a refreshing lemon blueberry loaf. This recipe is vegan, oil-free, and refined sugar-free!
This recipe is made with all vegan, wholesome, and nutrient dense ingredients. However, some of the ingredients can easily be confused with others that are less nutritious and more processed (which affects the nutrition and flavor of the lemon blueberry loaf). Here are a few tips to consider before purchasing or using the ingredients!
- Almond Milk: make sure to get natural, unsweetened almond milk, not one with added sugars
- Flax Egg: making a flax egg is very simple, just follow a 1:3 ratio. Add 1 tbsp flaxseed meal along with 3 tbsp water. For this recipe, there are 3 flax eggs, so just combine 3 tbsp flaxseed meal with 9 tbsp water.
- Maple Syrup: make sure to get 100% pure maple syrup, not pancake syrup
If you don’t have all of the ingredients on hand, feel free to substitute them. I have listed a few substitutions that can be measured and used exactly the same as the original ingredients.
- Almond Milk: any other type of milk (cashew, oat, soy, etc.)
- Maple Syrup: agave or coconut nectar
- Flax Eggs: mashed banana (1 mashed banana = 1 flax egg) or applesauce (1/4 cup applesauce = 1 flax egg)