Featuring sweet raisins and earthy oats, these cookies are the perfect nutrient-packed treat! This recipe is also gluten-free and refined-sugar free.
These oatmeal raisin cookies are packed with warm and cinnamony flavors, without the addition of typical cookie ingredients such as butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. All of the nutrient-packed and wholesome ingredients in this recipe come together to create the perfect crispy on the outside, chewy on the inside texture!
- Oat Flour: gives the cookies chewiness
- Olive Oil: helps bind the dough together and contributes to creating crispy edges while the cookies are baking
- Egg: binds the dough together and helps cookies rise while baking
- Maple Syrup: adds sweetness, contributes to the golden-brown color, and helps to crisp up the edges of the cookies
Here is a list of ingredient substitutions if you don’t have all the ingredients on hand or if you need to make these cookies vegan. These substitutes can be measured and used the same way as the original ingredients.
- Olive Oil: any other neutral oil (avocado oil, vegetable oil, grapeseed oil, etc.)
- Egg: flax egg, applesauce, or mashed banana
- Raisins: dried cranberries, dried currants, chocolate chips, nuts, or any other mix-in of choice