Rich cacao powder is combined with only three other ingredients to create a brownie batter-like treat. This recipe is vegan, gluten-free, and refined-sugar free!
This recipe only requires 4 ingredients and is super quick and easy to make. However, it is very important that you are using the right ingredients. Although some ingredients can be substituted, it is very important to use ingredients with similar tastes and textures as the original ingredients for this recipe (because it’s so minimal).
- Cacao Powder: make sure to use cacao powder, not cocoa powder (cocoa powder has a slightly different texture and taste)
- Oat Flour: making your own oat flour is super easy and a lot more affordable than buying pre-made oat flour (to make oat flour, just blend oats in a blender until they resemble a fine, flour-like consistency)
- Peanut Butter: make sure to use runny and creamy natural peanut butter (if the peanut butter is too thick or chunky, the dough won’t be able to bind together as well)
- Maple Syrup: make sure to get 100% pure maple syrup, not pancake syrup
There are a few ingredients in this recipe that can be substituted. As I mentioned above, make sure to use ingredient substitutions with similar textures and flavors as the original ingredients in this recipe!
- Peanut Butter: any other creamy and runny nut or seed butter (almond butter, cashew butter, sunflower seed butter, etc.)
- Maple Syrup: any other liquid sweetener (agave or coconut nectar)