Umami mushrooms and nutty brown rice come together in this recipe to create a delicious, hearty dish. This risotto takes only 10 minutes to make but is packed with flavor!
Risottos are traditionally made with non-vegan ingredients, such as parmesan cheese, chicken broth, butter, and heavy cream. This recipe uses ingredients that are plant based and completely different, but have similar flavors and aromas as the traditional ingredients.
- Nutritional Yeast: gives the risotto a cheesiness and nuttiness, which traditionally comes from parmesan cheese
- Veggie Broth: adds creaminess and additional flavor to risotto
- Olive Oil: substitute for butter, enhances flavors in risotto
If you don’t have all of the ingredients on hand, feel free to substitute them. I have listed a few substitutions that can be measured and used exactly the same as the original ingredients.
- Soy Sauce: coconut aminos or tamari
- Olive Oil: any other type of neutral oil (vegetable, canola, avocado, peanut, etc.)
- Dried Parsley: other dried herbs of choice (thyme, basil, cilantro, etc.)