Featuring creamy mashed potatoes and hearty vegetables, this shepherd’s pie is delicious and high in nutrients. This warm dish is especially great to make during the winter!
The ingredients in this recipe are very nutritious and delicious, but also very affordable! Most of them can easily be found in the frozen foods aisle at the grocery store. They also may already be in your pantry! I have listed below the specific types and brands of ingredients that I personally like using for this recipe.
- Potatoes: Russet potatoes work best for this recipe!
- Frozen Mixed Veggies: I like to use frozen mixed veggies that include a mixture of corn, carrots, green beans, lima beans, and peas
- Frozen Veggie Crumbles: Boca, Gardein, and Morningstar Farms all are great brands to purchase veggie crumbles from
If you don’t have all of the ingredients on hand, feel free to substitute them. I have listed a few substitutions that can be measured and used exactly the same as the original ingredients.
- Almond Milk: any other type of milk (cashew, oat, soy, etc.)
- Olive Oil: any other type of neutral oil (vegetable, canola, avocado, peanut, etc.)
- Soy Sauce: coconut aminos or tamari
- Dried Rosemary: other dried herb of choice (thyme, sage, etc.)