Fresh veggies and spices come together in this recipe to create a delicious and nutritious appetizer. These fritters are not only easy to make, but also low-carb and gluten-free.
There are multiple ways to prepare the ingredients in this recipe. Additionally, there are different devices that you can use for some of the steps.
- Prepping the Zucchini and Squash: in this recipe, I used a blender to prep my zucchini and squash, however feel free to use a different device (a grater, food processor, etc.)
- Straining the Liquid From the Veggies: in this recipe, I used a strainer to remove the moisture from the veggies, however a cheese cloth or nut milk bag would be also very efficient to use for this process
There are a few ingredients in this recipe that can be substituted if you don’t have all ingredients on hand or if you want to make this recipe vegan.
- Egg: flax egg (1 tbsp flaxseed meal and 3 tbsp water)
- Olive Oil: any other type of neutral oil (vegetable, canola, avocado, peanut, etc.)
- Dried Oregano and Dried Parsley: other dried herbs of choice (thyme, basil, cilantro, etc.)