Flavorful sauce, colorful veggies, and chewy noodles come together to create this delicious, satiating dish.
Packed with nutrient-rich ingredients, this plant-based dish is not only delicious, but also healthy! Each ingredient serves a purpose in terms of contributing to flavor, texture, and good nutrition. Here are the health benefits of some of the ingredients in this recipe:
- Edamame Beans: high in fiber and protein, proven to help improve heart health
- Carrots: great source of vitamin A and vitamin C, shown to help improve eye health and lower risk of disease
- Red Cabbage: high in vitamin C and antioxidants, proven to help strengthen and maintain bone health
- Sesame Seeds: high in healthy fats, shown to help regulate blood sugar and improve heart health
Don’t sweat if you don’t have all of the ingredients on hand! Some of the ingredients in this recipe can be substituted or changed up. Here is a list of the different alternatives you can measure and use the same as the original ingredients!
- Rice Vinegar: apple cider vinegar
- Soy Sauce: coconut aminos
- Maple Syrup: agave or coconut nectar
- Edamame, Carrots, & Cabbage: any other veggies of choice (snap-peas, bell peppers, mushrooms, etc.)