These banana muffins are not only nutrient packed, but also delicious! Made with whole wheat flour and bananas, these muffins have the perfect chewiness and natural sweetness to them. Enjoy them as a snack or for a quick breakfast on the go.
All of the ingredients in this recipe work together to create soft, chewy, sweet, and flavorful banana muffins. Additionally, you most likely already have these ingredients in your pantry!
- Whole Wheat Flour: binds ingredients together, contributes to chewiness of muffins
- Bananas: give muffins their banana flavor and add sweetness
- Maple Syrup: makes muffins sweet, enhances natural sweetness from the bananas
- Cinnamon: adds a kick of spice and compliments the banana flavor well
If you don’t happen to have all the ingredients in this recipe on hand, don’t sweat! Many of the ingredients in this recipe can easily be substituted. Here is a list of ingredient alternatives that can be measured and used the exact same as the original ingredients.
- Whole Wheat Flour: all purpose flour
- Maple Syrup: agave or coconut nectar
- Olive Oil: any other type of neutral oil (vegetable, canola, avocado, peanut, etc.)