These snickerdoodles are the perfect warm and comforting treats to enjoy as a mid-day or late night snack! The combination of cinnamon, sugar, and vanilla flavors in these cookies is not only delicious, but also made from vegan ingredients!
Only 7 ingredients are required to make this recipe! Each ingredient plays an important role in giving the snickerdoodles that classic cinnamon sugar flavor and chewy texture. Here are some of the ingredients’ contributions:
- Oat Flour: binds ingredients together, helps to form the dough, and contributes to the crispy on the outside and soft on the inside texture!
- Maple Syrup: adds the perfect amount of sweetness to the dough so that the cinnamon sugar coating and cookies combined do not have an overwhelmingly sweet taste
- Coconut Oil: gives the cookies a nice spread and adds a subtle coconut flavor!
- Cinnamon: makes the cookies snickerdoodles (without the cinnamon, they woud just be sugar cookies!) and adds a delicious warmth and spice to the cookies
Although there are only a few ingredients, some of them can be substituted! Here is a list of ingredient alternatives that you can use if you don’t have all the original recipe ingredients on hand. These substitutions can be used and measured the same way.
- Almond Butter: any other neutral tasting runny nut or seed butter (sunflower seed butter, cashew butter, pumpkin seed butter, etc.)
- Melted Coconut Oil: any other neutral oil (olive oil, sunflower oil, grapeseed oil, etc.) or sub with more nut butter (almond butter, sunflower seed butter, cashew butter, etc.)
- Maple Syrup: agave or coconut nectar
- Sugar: in this recipe I used organic cane sugar, but regular granulated sugar or coconut palm sugar can be used