This apple crumble is the perfect warm, comforting, and indulgent treat. Serve this for dessert, as a snack, or even for breakfast! This recipe is not only delicious, but also vegan and oil-free!
This apple crumble is made with wholesome, nutritious, and vegan-friendly ingredients. Additionally, the ingredients in this recipe are most likely already in your pantry. However, if you do need to purchase some of the ingredients, here are some tips I have!
- Apples: I like using fuji apples because they are extra crisp and juicy, however any type of apple works
- Almond Butter: Make sure to use natural almond butter because it is typically more runny than almond butter with added ingredients. You can also easily make your own! Check out my recipe to learn how to make homemade almond butter!
- Maple Syrup: Make sure to purchase pure maple syrup, not pancake syrup! The packaging for both syrups often look similar so make sure you read the label!
Many ingredients in this recipe can be substituted! Here is a list of ingredient alternatives you can use if you don’t have the original ingredients on hand.
- Apples: any other fruit (pears, peaches, berries, etc.)
- Almond Butter: any other runny nut or seed butter (peanut butter, sunflower seed butter, pumpkin seed butter, etc.)
- Lemon Juice: apple cider vinegar, any other vinegar, or lime juice