Chocolatey cacao powder and salty peanut butter come together in this recipe to create a perfectly indulgent smoothie bowl. This recipe is nutrient-rich, naturally sweet, and dairy-free.
All ingredients in this recipe are high in nutrients and plant based. Additionally, the combination of frozen and fresh ingredients in this smoothie bowl create a perfectly thick and creamy texture!
- Frozen Banana: makes smoothie bowl extra thick, creamy, and sweet
- Cacao Powder: adds richness and chocolate flavor
- Flaxseed Meal: adds extra nutrients, high in omega-3 fatty acids
- Almond Milk: adds creaminess and helps bind ingredients together (make sure that you don’t add much more than 1/2 cup of almond milk to the smoothie bowl or else it will turn out too liquidy!)
If you don’t have all of the ingredients on hand, feel free to substitute them. I have listed a few substitutions that can be measured and used exactly the same as the original ingredients.
- Almond Milk: any other non-dairy/plant based milk of choice (oat milk, soy milk, cashew milk, etc.)
- Cacao Powder: cocoa powder
- Flaxseed Meal: other types of ground or whole seeds (flaxseeds, chia seeds, hemp seeds, etc.)