Featuring citrusy mango and sweet pineapple, this smoothie bowl is the perfect refreshing treat to make! This recipe is nutrient-rich, naturally sweet, and dairy-free.
All ingredients in this recipe are high in nutrients and plant based. Additionally, the combination of frozen and fresh ingredients in this smoothie bowl create a perfectly thick and creamy texture!
- Frozen Mango and Pineapple: adds tartness and thickness
- Spinach: adds extra nutrients, high in vitamin K and iron
- Flaxseed Meal: adds extra nutrients, high in omega-3 fatty acids
- Almond Milk: adds creaminess and helps bind ingredients together (make sure that you don’t add much more than 1/2 cup of almond milk to the smoothie bowl or else it will turn out too liquidy!)
If you don’t have all of the ingredients on hand, feel free to substitute them. I have listed a few substitutions that can be measured and used exactly the same as the original ingredients.
- Spinach: any other choice of greens (kale, collard greens, etc.)
- Almond Milk: any other non-dairy/plant based milk of choice (oat milk, soy milk, cashew milk, etc.)
- Flaxseed Meal: other types of ground or whole seeds (flaxseeds, chia seeds, hemp seeds, etc.)