Featuring sweet and earthy pumpkin, this recipe is especially great during the fall season! These muffins are vegan, refined-sugar free, and gluten free.
Although these muffins are very sweet and indulgent, they are made with wholesome ingredients! However, there a few things to look out for before buying the ingredients. There are less nutritious and more expensive options that can be easily mistaken for the ingredients used in this recipe. I have listed some of the ingredients to pay close attention to before purchasing down below:
- Canned Pumpkin: make sure to get 100% pure pumpkin, not pumpkin pie filling
- Oat Flour: making your own oat flour is super easy and a lot more affordable than buying pre-made oat flour (to make oat flour, just blend oats in a blender until they resemble a fine, flour-like consistency)
- Maple Syrup: make sure to get 100% pure maple syrup, not pancake syrup
If you don’t have all of the ingredients on hand, feel free to substitute them. I have listed a few substitutions that can be measured and used exactly the same as the original ingredients.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: lemon juice
- Almond Milk: any other type of milk (cashew, oat, soy, etc.)
- Maple Syrup: agave or coconut nectar
- Olive Oil: any other type of neutral oil (vegetable, canola, avocado, peanut, etc.)